Brian Baker,CPA, CA
Brian Baker, CPA, CA
Brian is a CPA CA with over 35 years of diverse finance and systems experience in multiple sectors, ranging from public accounting, consumer products, manufacturing, government and post-secondary education. Throughout these organizations, Brian has effectively navigated diverse corporate and organizational governance structures.
Before joining Part Time CFO Services, most recently, Brian held the position of Vice President Corporate Services at Sir Sandford Fleming College from 2012 to 2019. As a key senior executive, he was responsible for all of the College’s (a provincial crown agency) Corporate Services including government relations, finance & budget Services, legal, procurement, physical resources/facilities, major capital programs/projects, and information technology services, all of which required considerable interaction and support with the College’s Board of Governors.
Prior to joining Fleming, Brian was Director of Finance (CFO) for the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources. Previous to that he worked in the private sector in senior financial, strategic planning and information technology roles for the Quaker Oats Company of Canada and FisherCast Global Corporation. Brian achieved his Chartered Accountant designation years earlier while practicing public accounting at Deloitte, serving many diverse small to mid-sized clients.
Brian has been a member of several boards of directors, chaired audit and finance committees, as well as being part time faculty for many years in the finance/business schools at both Fleming College and Trent University in Peterborough.
- University of Windsor, Bachelor of Commerce
- Sisters of St. Joseph – Finance (Layperson) Advisory Committee
- Colleges Ontario – Audit Committee
- Peterborough Utilities Group (City of Peterborough Holdings Inc) - Chair of Audit Committee, Board Member, Member of Audit Committee
- Showplace Peterborough Performance Center - Board Member and Chair of Finance Committee
- Peterborough Social Planning Council (a United Way Agency) - Board Member, Treasurer and Member of Executive Committee