Start in January, May, or September
Internships/Co-Op placement opportunities for students pursuing their CPA after graduation
Get paid to network with other professionals, mentors and industry experts while getting professional growth opportunities that will set the foundation for your career in accounting and finance.View current opportunities
Your workday will be full of opportunities to learn something new. You’ll experience servicing our clients from various industries and dealing with their unique financial needs.
Gain valuable insight while collaborating with and working alongside senior financial experts and other Part Time CFO team members with diverse skills and experiences.
Career growth opportunities
Goals and workloads are monitored to help you reach those goals and complete tasks. Our aim is for each student to be successful and continue to grow with us even after graduation.
The future is uncertain, but a Chartered Professional Accountant can sure make it better
Imagine working with a team of dynamic, experienced professionals who want to help you succeed. The work is varied and always changing. Our clientele includes entrepreneurs of private businesses to Executive Directors of not-for-profit organizations. Each need their finances in order so they can focus on what really matters.
Small companies offer a sense of fulfillment
With Part Time CFO Services, you become an integral member of our team, gaining hands-on experiences, and forging solid relationships with coworkers. We feel strongly about providing opportunities for personal growth as well as career growth within the company.
Working for a smaller company with multiple clients creates a fast-paced environment where decisions are made quickly and seen through to the end. At Part Time CFO Services, you get more personal attention and the chance to solve problems from different angles with the guidance of mentors.
Internships/co-op placement opportunities
Frequently Asked Questions
How long is the internship?
Is it full time or part time Internship?
Is it paid or unpaid Internship?
What will I actually do during the internship?
- Assist with the preparation of financial and operational reports
- Support with gathering, analyzing and interpreting financial information
- Back the preparation and remittance of source deductions and payroll tax
- Data entry/maintenance of accounts payable & accounts receivable files
- Other duties as assigned
Where will I be working?
It will be a hybrid model that is determined by clients’ needs and scope of work. This could involve multiple client sites on different days of the week as well as the possibility of some remote work.
What benefits do I get as an intern?
- Working with and gaining knowledge from a senior level financial professional as well as a variety of team members with unique skills and experiences
- Meaningful work experience with exposure to a variety of clients in various industries with different financial needs
- Possibility of future permanent employment as well as financial support in obtaining your CPA designation and inclusion in the CPA student group. This group consists of existing team members assisting each other through the CPA program.
- Cross-pollination with other team members
How do I apply?
Send your resume, a copy of your transcript along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
What are the requirements?
- Must have interest in pursuing a CPA designation after graduation
- Basic knowledge of accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and maintaining general ledgers
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy for preparing and entering financial information
- Demonstrates confidentiality concerning financial and employee files
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and interpersonal) and organizational skills
- Strong teamwork skills, with ability to work independently
- Desire to learn
- Must be enrolled to return to post-secondary institution upon completion of internship.
- Computer skills including the ability to operate computerized accounting, spreadsheet and word processing programs
- Email / calendar management at a proficient level
- Must possess own, reliable transportation