Job Summary: The Junior Financial Analyst position will be responsible for performing day to day processing of various accounting transactions as well as providing support on improvement projects and initiatives to ensure the company’s financial processes, planning, reporting and analytics are best in class.
The successful candidate should:
- Have a passion for looking beyond the numbers to understand what drives business performance
- Have strong technical ability and a desire to learn new things
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Be excited at the prospect of interacting with many areas of a business, not just the finance community
*Location: Peterborough City and area/Northumberland County
*Job Type: Full-time, required immediately.
**Please note: this position requires commuting between clients in the Peterborough and the Kawarthas and Northumberland County. A valid G2 or G license is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare company financial statements as well as month end journal entries and accruals
• Complete bank reconciliation
• Create monthly financial commentary to explain key movements on financial statements to management
• Create and distribute financial and operational reports and performance metrics
• Work with existing software and recommend changes to systems and processes to create new and improved management and financial reports to better meet the information needs of our client
Planning Budgeting and Forecasting
• Assist the client with preparation of annual budget and quarterly forecast updates
• Calculate and explain variance of actuals to budget monthly
Audit and Assurance
• Research and understand accounting treatment of all routine transactions and review select internal policies and make recommendations for improvements
• Prepare and remit source deductions, payroll tax and HST
Other duties as assigned
• Process review and improvement
• Ad-hoc financial analysis
- Pursuing CPA designation or has obtain their CPA designation
- University degree or equivalent
- Minimum 6 months of experience in an entry level or intern accounting position or related field
- High attention to detail and maintains high levels of accuracy
- Demonstrates confidentiality concerning financial and employee files
- Analytical decision making and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and interpersonal) and organizational skills
- Strong teamwork skills, with ability to work independently
- Desire to learn
- Computer skills including the ability to operate computerized accounting, spreadsheet and word processing programs
- Email / calendar management at a highly proficient level
- Access to vehicle necessary as regional travel will be required
Interested candidates should send resume, cover letter and copy of academic transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Join the Part Time CFO Services team! We work with entrepreneurs, owners, and management to improve the long-term financial health of their company, providing them with superior customer service and tangible results. We offer a work environment that is both professionally and personally fulfilling as well as a competitive compensation and benefit package.
All employees of Part Time CFO Services are required to have access to reliable transportation, as well as their full Ontario driver’s license, to commute to clients that may not be accessible by public transportation. The health and safety of our team members and clients is a priority. New employees of Part Time CFO Services are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of being hired by Part Time CFO Services. Proof of vaccination status will be required before the first day of employment.
Part Time CFO Services is committed to accessibility and to protecting the human rights of all persons in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario’s Human Rights Code. We invite and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including from groups that are traditionally underrepresented in employment, who may contribute to further diversification of our organization. As such, Part Time CFO Services will provide reasonable accommodation for any applicant, as requested during the recruitment process. For any accommodation requests, please email email@example.com.
Part Time CFO Services is dedicated to providing an atmosphere free from barriers in order to promote equity and diversity and will ensure the full participation and advancement of members of protected groups, which include but are not limited to women, Indigenous persons, members of visible minority groups, and persons with disabilities Part Time CFO Services is committed to ensuring that its hiring process is fair and equitable for all persons.
Apply for this job
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.