Job Summary: The Junior Financial Analyst position will be responsible for performing day to day processing of various accounting transactions as well as providing support on improvement projects and initiatives to ensure the company’s financial processes, planning, reporting and analytics are best in class.
The successful candidate should:
- Have a passion for looking beyond the numbers to understand what drives business performance
- Have strong technical ability and a desire to learn new things
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Be excited at the prospect of interacting with many areas of a business, not just the finance community
*Location: Durham Region/Peterborough/Northumberland County
*Job Type: Full-time beginning October 2019.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare company financial statements as well as month end journal entries and accruals
• Complete bank reconciliation
• Create monthly financial commentary to explain key movements on financial statements to management
• Create and distribute financial and operational reports and performance metrics
• Work with existing software and recommend changes to systems and processes to create new and improved management and financial reports to better meet the information needs of our client
Planning Budgeting and Forecasting
• Assist the client with preparation of annual budget and quarterly forecast updates
• Calculate and explain variance of actuals to budget monthly
Audit and Assurance
• Research and understand accounting treatment of all routine transactions and review select internal policies and make recommendations for improvements
• Prepare and remit source deductions, payroll tax and HST
Other duties as assigned
• Process review and improvement
• Ad-hoc financial analysis
- Pursuing CPA designation or has obtain their CPA designation
- University degree or equivalent
- Minimum 6 months of experience in an entry level or intern accounting position or related field
- High attention to detail and maintains high levels of accuracy
- Demonstrates confidentiality concerning financial and employee files
- Analytical decision making and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and interpersonal) and organizational skills
- Strong teamwork skills, with ability to work independently
- Desire to learn
- Computer skills including the ability to operate computerized accounting, spreadsheet and word processing programs
- Email / calendar management at a highly proficient level
- Access to vehicle necessary as regional travel will be required
Interested candidates should send resume, cover letter and copy of academic transcript to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Join the Part Time CFO Services team! We work with entrepreneurs, owners, and management to improve the long-term financial health of their company, providing them with superior customer service and tangible results. We offer a work environment that is both professionally and personally fulfilling as well as a competitive compensation and benefit package.
Apply for this job
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.