Position: Junior Accountant
Reporting to: Senior Financial Analyst
Location: Durham / Peterborough / Northumberland County
Years of Experience: N/A
Job Type: Full Time (40 hours/week)
Dates: Ongoing 4 month internship position Jan-Apr, May-Aug, Sept-Dec
Actively recruiting for January 2022!
The Junior Accountant will assist the Senior Financial Analyst with the day to day processing of various accounting transactions to ensure our client’s company finances and supporting documentation are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner. The position will also involve producing any necessary management reports. The Junior Accountant may, depending on the client needs, spend time with a variety of Part Time CFO clients, and could travel throughout the Northumberland/Peterborough region multiple times a week, or may be stationed at one business during the entire work term.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist with the preparation of financial and operational reports
• Support with gathering, analyzing and interpreting financial information
• Back the preparation and remittance of source deductions and payroll tax
• Data entry/maintenance of accounts payable & accounts receivable files
• Other duties as assigned
• Must have interest in pursuing a CPA designation after graduation
• Basic knowledge of accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and maintaining general ledgers
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy for preparing and entering financial information
• Demonstrates confidentiality concerning financial and employee files
• Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and interpersonal) and organizational skills
• Strong teamwork skills, with ability to work independently
• Desire to learn
• Must be enrolled to return to post-secondary institution upon completion of internship.
Technical Competencies / Other
• Computer skills including the ability to operate computerized accounting, spreadsheet and word processing programs
• Email / calendar management at a proficient level
• Must possess own, reliable transportation
*Please include academic transcript (unofficial transcript is acceptable) along with cover letter and resume when applying.
Apply for this job
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.