Location: Kawarthas/Northumberland/Durham, ON
Job Summary: The Financial Analyst position is a key role within the Finance Team of a dynamic entrepreneurial organization. The role offers the opportunity to gain experience in all aspects of financial reporting, forecasting, analysis and internal control. As the business is growing there is a lot of opportunity for the right individual to directly contribute to the success of the organization by bringing forward recommendations for continuous improvement, both within the finance team and the wider business.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is a motivated individual with a strong desire to learn
- Enjoys problem solving and using data and analytics to inform decisions
- Enjoys working as part of a diverse team
- Has excellent communication skills and would enjoy interacting with many different areas of a large business
- Pays attention to detail and can maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and reviewing financial information
- Values honesty and integrity and isn’t afraid to speak up.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Day-to-day processing of various accounting and operational transactions to ensure the company finances and supporting documentation are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner
- Monthly closing, including journal entries, account reconciliations and analysis of financial statements
- Monitor and continue to develop KPI, metrics and management reports to guide senior management team in business decisions
- Manage and improve cash flow and day to day banking relationships
- Provide management reports that support decision making
- Assist in the annual budgeting process as well as the monthly forecasts
- Make recommendations regarding benchmarking the financial and operating performance
- Provide financial analysis for contract negotiations and investment decisions as required
- Participate and/or lead systems and process improvement
- Ensure statutory taxes and regulations relating to financial matters are met
- Other duties as required.
- CPA designation, or pursuing CPA designation
- 3+ years experience within an Accounting or Financial role
- Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Processing and analyzing data
- Experience within multiple Finance or ERP Systems would be an advantage
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Apply for this job
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.