Position: Director of Finance
Location: Barrie and Surrounding Area
Part Time CFO Services is looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, Director of Finance to support our clients in the Barrie and Simcoe County surrounding areas. As a results-oriented individual, the successful candidate will collaboratively customize a sustainable plan to improve each companies’ financial health. The ideal candidate will not only be able to see the “big picture” but can also “dig in the trenches” when required. The Director of Finance is an integral member of the client team, and therefore will be present on client sites upwards of 90% of their working time.
Key skills and experience:
- You are a proven self-starter, able to work independently with minimal oversight
- You have experience working in changing environments, and are comfortable being a leader for sustainable change and growth within an organization
- You are goal oriented and a natural business leader. You are an exceptional listener and enjoy taking charge when appropriate.
- You have a proven ability to work with multiple departments to develop and implement strategic plans.
- You have always had an entrepreneurial mind. Creative ideas and solutions come easily to you.
- You see the value of personal interactions, networking, and face-to-face communication.
- Community involvement and extracurricular activities have always been important to you.
- You have confidence working in a senior financial leadership role with at least 10 years experience, ideally in multiple companies and industries.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Conduct strategic analysis and create detailed financial models to match clients’ strategic plan
- Evaluate financial risks, prepare financial forecasts, financing scenarios and other documents concerning capital management
- Assess competitive landscape and potential future implications
- Plan short and long-term cash flows and assesses financial performance
- Develop monthly/annual plans for revenues and expenses
- Negotiate bank, vendor, and customer agreements to optimize cash flow
- Assist growing the client base by prospecting within network, through referrals, events and community contacts
- Establish credit policies and procedures to improve collections and reduce bad debts
- Identify turn around strategies, guide clients’ through plant expansions and other business restructuring options
- CPA designation with 10 plus years of successful financial and business leadership roles
- Ability to identify and assess financial issues and prepare effective client focused solutions
- Be persuasive, able to motivate others to action
- Excellent customer service and communication skills (verbal, written, and interpersonal) ·
- Influential negotiation skills with high level of integrity
- Collaborative leadership skills with ability to work with all levels of an organization
- Management experience with a team members of various skill levels and abilities
- Resourceful with proficient analytical decision making and problem-solving skills
- Experienced generating business leads through effective relationship building
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Commerce
- Microsoft Office with proficiency in Excel
- Thorough understanding of various ERP software programs
- Email and calendar management at a highly proficient level
- Demonstrated ability to learn new computer programs/software/systems quickly
We offer a work environment that is both professionally and personally fulfilling with a vision of superior customer service to deliver tangible results. Part Time CFO employees enjoy a competitive compensation package including annual bonusing, employee share purchase program, employer sponsored annual giving program, health care and disability benefits and more.
Part Time CFO is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified applicants. Should you require any accommodations during the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for arrangement.
Apply for this job
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.