Reporting to: President
Years of Experience: 5-10 years in preparation and analysis of financial statements
Job Type: Full Time
Position Summary: The Controller position will provide support to the senior leaders of the Part Time CFO team, servicing multiple clients across Durham, the Kawarthas and Northumberland. They will perform and report on various day-to-day accounting transactions with precision and timeliness.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform monthly closings and prepare monthly financial statements
• Monitor and continue to develop KPI, metrics and management reports to guide senior management team in business decisions
• Manage and improve cash flow and day to day banking relationships
• Coordinate and prepare internal and external financial statements.
• Provide management reports that support decision making.
• Assist in the annual budgeting process as well as the monthly forecasts.
• Make recommendations regarding benchmarking the financial and operating performance.
• Liaise with external auditors and lead financial audits. Make recommendations for improvements.
• Provide financial analysis for contract negotiations and investment decisions as required.
• Participate and/or lead systems improvement
• Ensure statutory taxes and regulations relating to financial matters are met.
• Other duties as required.
• CPA designation
• 5-10 years experience in preparation and analysis of finance statements
• Able to manage all aspects of A/R, A/P and G/L, Reconciliations
• Analytical decision making and problem solving skills
• Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and interpersonal) and organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills and ability to work with all levels within the organization
• Computer skills including the ability to operate computerized accounting, spreadsheet and word processing programs
• Email and calendar management at a highly proficient level
• Local travel will be required
Apply for this job
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.