Part Time CFO Services is looking for a Business Data Analyst to join our team working out of our Cobourg, Ontario location.
This is a new role and a new department within a rapidly growing business, so presents an excellent opportunity for the right minded individual to build and create something unique. If you enjoy creating something from the ground up, then this role is for you.
The Business Data Analyst will assist the organization in becoming an industry leader in its use and application of data analytics. This exciting new role will be expected to use data, statistical and quantitative analysis, explanatory and predictive models to inform internal and external stakeholders and drive decisions and actions.
What you will be doing:
- Work with all areas of the business to define and standardize data collection across the organisation (What needs to be collected and when is it collected)
- Drive the process change required to achieve the standard data collection and management
- Ensuring robust and efficient processes are in place that lead to data being collected consistently and completely from across the organisation
- Provide clean accessible data to all in the organization – work with IT to create tools accessible to all stakeholders
- Become the subject matter expert in analytics and predictive analytics for the organization
- Creating tools and resources to communicate data in an accessible and user-friendly way to internal and external stakeholders (e.g. KPIs, scorecards)
- Own the process for internal scorecards and metrics – ensure organization running to a regular schedule
- Provide information to measure & optimize business performance (Cost, Quality & Safety), across all functional areas
- Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure data insights are understood and acted on
- Work with all stakeholders to design additional metrics – what can we and should we measure
- Ensure process is in place to measure, capture and continuously improve the Data & Analytics function within the business
- Measure the return on investment for the business’s investment on data collection and analysis
What we are looking for:
- Completion of a four year degree in a technical field (e.g. Mathematics, Sciences, Statistics, Economics, Financial or Operations Management, etc.) or a combination of equivalent education and experience in a related role.
- Someone who finds real enjoyment working with data, processes, creating new models, statistical analysis and understanding the story behind the numbers
- Two (2) or more years of experience working with large quantities of data, using statistical and predictive analytics and evaluation of information/ data from multiple sources
- Experience with programming, business intelligence software and databases (e.g. Python, R, Matplotlib, Tableau, SQL, MongoDB, Hadoop etc).
- Experience in Process Improvement / Engineering and applying lean principles would be an asset
- Demonstrated experience in creating innovative tools and resources to communicate complex data to various stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to develop and deliver presentations to small and large teams
Why join our team?
- Part Time CFO Services believes in a “work hard/play hard” philosophy, and encourages an environment of continuous professional and personal improvement
- We offer a competitive compensation package, including a health care spending account, annual bonusing and employee stock purchase plan
Interested? Please send your cover letter and resume highlighting your qualifications as it relates to this position, attention: Helen Smith, Finance Controller, to email@example.com
Part Time CFO Services is an equal-opportunity and inclusive employer. We welcome qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply. Accommodations during the recruitment process for persons with disabilities can be arranged at anytime. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply for this job
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.