LOCATION: COBOURG, ON
Part Time CFO Services is looking to add an Assistant Controller, joining our team in Cobourg, Ontario. This is a new position due to continued growth. The role is expected to be involved with all aspects of the financial lifecycle within the business. This will include; Planning, Reporting, Payroll, AR, AP, Financial analysis and process and policy development.
As the business is growing rapidly, with operations both in Canada and the USA, this role is a great opportunity for someone who thrives in a dynamic and changing environment and who enjoys building process and policy from the ground up.
What are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have a broad range of experience in all areas of finance and accounting management, we are looking for a financial leader who can also demonstrate in depth experience in two (2) or more of the following areas:
- Financial forecasting and annual budgeting
- Financial reporting, including preparing year end for external audit
- Financial & Business analysis to drive decision making
- High volume accounts payable – both Canadian and USA
- Accounts receivable – both Canadian and USA
- Policy development and governance
- Customer pricing and / or procurement
- System development / implementation
- Continuous process improvement
- Team building & mentorship.
Additional qualifications & competencies:
- CPA designation with 5-10 years of successful financial roles within industry
- Supervisory and employee development experience with a team members of various skill levels and abilities
- Ability to manage, assess and track business priorities for self and other team members
- Solutions focused, with a demonstrated ability to problem solve
- Being able to influence without authority and collaborate with all functions in a business
- Ability to explain financial information to all functions within the business / adapt information to suite the end user, taking into consideration they may not be familiar or comfortable with accounting terminology
- Extensive experience with a variety of ERP systems
- Microsoft Office with proficiency in Excel
- High level of integrity, with all levels of an organization
- Excellent customer service and communication skills (verbal, written, and interpersonal)
- Seek to continuously look to review and improve across all aspects of the finance function
Why join our team?
• Part Time CFO Services believes in a “work hard/play hard” philosophy, and encourages an environment of continuous professional and personal improvement
• We offer a competitive compensation package including annual bonusing, profit sharing, employer sponsored annual giving program, health care and disability benefits and more.
Hear what team members have to say about working with us by viewing “The Part Time CFO Employee Experience”: https://parttimecfoservices.ca/careers/
Interested? Please send your cover letter and resume highlighting your qualifications as it relates to this position, to firstname.lastname@example.org, Attention: Helen Smith, Finance Controller,
Part Time CFO is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified applicants. Should you require any accommodations during the application process, please contact email@example.com for arrangement.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply for this job
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.